Saturday, May 23, 2009

Finally Pullen Park

Well we finally made it to Pullen Park in Raleigh. Everyone always talks about how awesome it is, but we haven't had time to go to it. So today we went with some friends from church, The Joyces', Chris, Stephnie and Madeline. We had a blast. We definitely will be going back. It has a carousel and a train that you can ride for a minimum price. The park is where in The Andy Griffith Show it shows the pond. That is where it was taped, pretty cool. Anyway here are some fun pics from today. Here is Stephnie and Madeline having a picnic and blowing bubbles.

Chloe was so excited that we were going for a picnic at the park today. Sad to say but this was our first picnic as a family. We had lots of fun and it was such a beautiful day.

Here is Caitlyn and Madeline dancing.

Caleb just loves bubbles lately. He just yells "bubbles" over and over and squeals with such delight. I love that sound.
Here Caitlyn is telling him to just relax.

The kids were loving the little hill. They rolled down quite a few times. That is until Chloe starting feeling itchy from the grass. I remember the days of rolling down the hill at Aunt Alices'
Oh the fun my sisters and cousins had.

Here are my 3 musketeers. Oh how I love them.

This is one of my favorite shots. I love how it captures the mind of a little one. He just is so meticulous in picking just the right flower for his mommy. He then came over and gave it to me with a kiss. I love it.

We took a ride on the carousel. Its one of the old time kind. Here is Chloe and Caleb on their horses. Caitlyn wouldn't cooperate with the picture.

We then went and rode the little train. Here is the Joyces' with Chloe and Caleb peeking in.

This is the other part of us. Dale and I with Caleb and Caitlyn.

They were so excited on the train.

After that we headed to the swings. It took us a while to get them in sync so I could get all 4 of them. Am I not a dork .

Caitlyn and Caleb on the jet plane.

Here is Caitlyn relaxin. This is such a funny shot. By this time we were all getting a little tired, but surprisingly the kids were all pretty good. Caitlyn had the right idea.

Before we left I had to set the timer on the camera to get a group shot. I was going to take another but then I noticed that actually we all had looked at the camera. That was a miracle in itself.

So that's what we did today. We had a great day and enjoyed some great company with the Joyce crew. Dale starts back to school on Tuesday for summer school so we have to fit a few family days in before he is back to studying. So far I think we have had a couple of great days hanging out together. The kids were so tired tonight after our long day, but it was so worth it.

1 comment:

Hollie Carson said...

I can't wait to go again after looking at your pictures. We went before all the rides were open. :) Thanks for sharing. Miss ya'll.