Monday, January 4, 2010

A winter wonderland

We went up to my parents in Augusta, West Virginia the weekend before Christmas to celebrate our family Christmas. We arrived Friday evening about 9pm and shortly after it began snowing. It kept snowing and snowing, pretty much all weekend. I loved it and so did the kids, at least to an extent. It was a lot of work bundling up 3 kids plus myself. My sister Amy got stuck in Mt Airy, NC so she never made it for the weekend. Instead she got to play in the snow with Ryan her step-son at a hotel. I think he thought it was the greatest, she maybe not. Here are some photos of the snow. Chloe, Caitlyn and myself. Can't you tell how excited Caitlyn was to be in the snow:)

Caleb was having a ball. He loved it.

Dale loving the snow. I think we both had enough snow that weekend to last a quite a while.

Caleb with the snow in his face.

Chloe actually surprised me and had fun in the snow. With little complaining of it freezing her hands.

I think Caitlyn had the right idea here. Inside where it was nice and warm and watching it snow from there.

Here is a picture at my sisters house and her car. I think we had about 24 inches when it was all said and done.

We exchanged presents, made cinnamon hard tack candy and just had a great time together as a family. Memories made!!

No comments: