Thursday, September 4, 2008

Dale update

I wanted to update everybody on how God has been moving in our family over the past week or so. No pics this time - Jill is much better at that stuff than I am. We have joined a church this past weekend here in Wake Forest, North Wake. We have greatly enjoyed our time there so far and are excited about what God has in store for us there. North Wake is unique in that there are a ton of seminary and young people that are in the same season of life we are. Jill is enjoying her new job at a big hospital in Raleigh (Wake Med). She gets so nervous starting a new job but she is a great nurse and that comes through as soon as she starts on a new unit (not to mention she is a beautiful woman of God and that radiates through her life before her fellow workers). I'm still adjusting to the stay at home daddy thing, this is harder than I expected. Finding balance and time for studying has been difficult but we are starting to develop a structure together and our kids totally rock. Some cool daddy moments have happened over the past few weeks. A few weeks ago our small group went to a local nursing home to serve (Jill and I met at a nursing home - ask me sometime) and I met a cool lady named Mrs. Ault who is her late 80's. I attempted to share the gospel but she was having trouble following our conversation so I decided to build a bridge through family and we talked about our children. Before leaving I promised to bring my family back to meet her so the following week after dropping off Chloe at school Caitlyn and Caleb went with me to see Mrs. Ault. It was awesome because she lit up when she saw us walking toward her and Caitlyn ran up and hugged her and Caleb smiled, pointed, and spoke baby talk (I'm almost positve he was sharing the gospel). It was cool because I was able to share in front of my children about Jesus with her. No decision but seeds planted! On the way out Caitlyn said that was fun and I was able to share that we did it for Jesus and she did a little Jesus dance. The other cool thing is what Caitlyn did the other day. She walked up and said "Jesus loves you daddy" it totally caught me off guard because she had to come into another room to find me and tell me and at the time I was frustrated over something. Through that I was brought to tears and humbled. Our God is so amazing!

No comments: