Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Fun in West Virginia

So we left on Friday afternoon from Wake Forest and traveled to West Virginia. I had worked Thursday night and was up the entire day and through the evening. So needless to say I was tired. I was so looking forward to sleeping in at least some, but I must have been dreaming to actually think that would happen at moms house. Bright and early I was up with mom barging through the house and waking up us all. Once Caleb is awake that means we all are awake. Then the phone rings and dads calling wanting me to take a picture with his camera of a white squirrel that Derek got hunting. So it was freezing outside and I was up with a smile on my face taking this picture.

We spent a lot of time at Aunt Denise and Uncle Eric's house (kid friendly). Denise is a real homemaker and actually cooks and bakes and does that kind of stuff. Here are my girls taking it all in. I'm taking notes on the side (ha ha) or so Dale hopes. They were helping make some dirt dessert for a church dinner the next day. They did such a great job!!
Then they were helping her take the yucky stuff out of a pumpkin so she could make some yummy pies. Chloe didn't like how it felt at all. It was so funny. Notice Caitlyn in the background eating one of Uncle Eric's famous milkshakes.

Denise got Caitlyn to sit still long enough for her to french braid her hair. It was so cute. I
couldn't believe it was long enough to do. She looked so much older and grown up :(

We celebrated our Christmas while we at my moms house. Here are a few pics of the chaos that ensues when you have 8 children under the age 9 in one house. My sister went hunting that day
with her husband. So she may look a little scruffy in the picture. I know you will love this picture Tricia. I got my niece, Colleen this little stroller. See how many people it takes to put it together.
It was worth the hassle, she loves it!!

Caleb has this thing for Tigger and anytime he sees one he wants it. He sleeps with a mini Tigger and so my sister regifted this BIG Tigger to Caleb. I actually gave her son this a few years back. The look on Caleb's face was priceless. He absolutely loves it.

Here Caitlyn is being a good little mommy to her new little Snugglekin, a baby tiger cub. Look at Caleb in the background climbing in his new little dump truck ride on that grandma and grandad got him. He is such a boy now. I'm sure he is glad that he doesn't have to ride on the Disney princess one the girls have.

Caleb is wondering what in the world is all this mess?

Here is Dad unwrapping his surprise gun sling. Don't worry Dad I'll send you the money for it:)
Look mommy I got a car. A police car at that and it even makes sounds. (oh boy)
Here is grandma and Caitlyn getting ready for bed.

The kids got this dance mat from high school musical for Christmas from grandma and grandad. We decided to try it out earlier. I thought I would give it a try. I almost had a heart attack. So I left it to the younger ones. Here are Chloe and Caitlyn getting down. They did such a good job. I'm just glad Dale didn't think fast enough to get a picture of me.


Well it has been a fun and busy few days. We really enjoyed the time we got to spend with family. Even though we aren't there for Thanksgiving day we are still so thankful for the time spent with them all. I hope each who reads this a very Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow. But above all ,remember who to be the most thankful for, the one who gave His life for us, Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

Hollie Carson said...

Looks like ya'l had so much fun!