Sunday, November 9, 2008

Tis The Season

Well it has been a busy kind of week in our house, or so it seemed. Maybe that was because I worked my nights 3 in a row, I'm not sure. Chloe has been out of school the last 3 weeks, so she will return to school in the AM. She is so excited.....NOT!! I am trying to explain to her she has a lot more years left of school, but it's not clicking in. Oh well, off to school in the morning. Here are a few pics from the week.
Here is Caitlyn after a busy day of playing at Miss Linda's house. She was so tired.

Chloe was trying to help mommy this week fix the vacuum cleaner. I had sucked a sock up a few weeks ago and I have never been able to retrieve it. So after several attempts of sticking a broom handle in the hose and several other things, I was losing my patience. Many who know me, knows this does not take long. So Dale had mentioned earlier in the week to try a clothes hanger. So Chloe and I try this only to poke 2 holes through the hose. That didn't work so well. So instead I cut the hose open and retrieved my sock. So that meant we were in for a new vacuum cleaner. After we bought one the box seemed like the perfect play land for Caleb.
He climbed in the box and had so much fun.

This picture is so cute. Look at him peeking out at me.

So many know that I am a wait until the last minute kind of person. So after cleaning the house this week, Chloe asked when we would put the Christmas tree up. I dismissed this idea at first, but then I got to thinking and it seems like over the last few years we put it up then go out of town and come home and put it away. We never got to really enjoy it. So on Saturday we decided to put our tree up. Since I had the whole weekend off, I had the energy so we took advantage of it and here we are. The kids and even Dale did a GREAT job!!
Here is Caitlyn placing one of her ornaments on the tree so strategically.
Here Caleb was trying so hard to get the ornament to stay on the tree. It was so cute and funny.
After a while, Caleb was finished and decided to take a rest and play trucks in the girls doll house.
Here are the girls displaying their final product. It was lots of fun and I actually enjoyed putting the tree up this year and we all looked at the ornaments the girls have made over the last few years. They were so excited to hang one of the ornaments with a picture on it or one they had made.
The lights aren't on in this picture, but we then turned them on and went outside to see the lights from the window. They were so excited to be able to see the lights from outside the window.
Even though I know its not even Thanksgiving yet, we decided that Christmas is all the time. We celebrate the birth and life of Jesus each day and so why wait to put our tree up in his honor. So Tis the Season of Thanksgiving and Celebrating the One who gave His life.

2 comments:

Britton and Tara said...

I love y'alls picture with the pumpkin patch! It looks professional! And I'm usually not one for putting up Christmas decorations early, but I think it's great that you used the time and energy you had in order to fully enjoy them this year! Looks like y'all had fun. I admire you breaking tradition for the sake of your family's enjoyment!

Rachel Baby said...

Cute pictures!