Saturday, June 20, 2009

Paw Paw and Grandma Visiting

This past week, Dale's mom and dad came to visit us. We had a great time. They left this morning to go home. We sure are going to miss them, but we are glad they were able to come see us. While they were here we took a trip to Pullen Park.
Here is Dale and the girls riding the carousel. I'm taking the pictures.

Caleb and Paw Paw



The girls thought they were cool "driving" the boat.


Here is Caleb ringing the bell on the boat. He loved that part.

The girls on the train.

Here is the crew. Marlene and Fred AKA grandma and paw paw, Caleb, Dale, then Chloe and Caitlyn. We had a fun ride on the train.

Here is all of us posing for a photo. I love using the timer on my camera.

Here the kids are posing with the Andy Griffith statue.

Marlene loves to sew and she is always making the girls new dresses and things. Here is one of the dresses she made this time. It's so cute. Here Chloe is modeling it. Caitlyn is holding up one of the purses she made them as well.

So I had been thinking, and since my birthday is next week, Dale bought me a sewing machine, I actually asked for it. Marlene gave me a few quick lessons and I actually made a blanket and 2 pillowcases :) I have a lot more to learn, but I really have enjoyed it so far. The girls think its cool and I think I surprised Dale that I could actually do it. I'm a quick learner, I should have bought the machine earlier in the week since Marlene and Fred were here all week. I would have had longer to learn different things. So I am going to attempt some other little things and see how it goes. I'll keep you posted.
Here is Caleb and Chloe with the items I made.

The purple pillowcase is the girls, so don't worry Caleb doesn't have purple girly colors in his room.

1 comment:

Wanna be Southern Belle said...

Sewing? I'm impressed. Something I always wish I had learned....