Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Where Have I Been?

That's the question many are wondering. I usually have at least one post a week, but I have been majorly slacking the last couple of weeks. So I'm going to try to catch up a little. We had beautiful spring like weather a few weekends ago, 80 degree weather, so we were outside a lot. The girls and Dale went one Sunday afternoon with our neighbors to the local park. I think they had a good time. I was at home with Caleb taking a nap :)
Isn't this such a cute shot of the big girls.

Caitlyn has been wanting her hair braided like Princess Genevieve. I told her I would try and it actually didn't turn out that bad. I have been practicing. So lately that's her daily hairstyle. It's so cute.

We caught up with a few friends whom we went to college with a couple of weekends ago, Rod and Markeeta Smith. They have a son about the same age as Chloe. We went over to their house for dinner and had a great time. The kids loved playing with one another, especially on his little 4 wheeler.
Caleb was getting instructions on how to use sidewalk chalk. How cute

Chloe had her last Upward cheerleading game this same weekend and a couple friends came to see her. Andy and Susan Lepper came and cheered Chloe on. They had a blast. So to say the least our weekends have been pretty busy lately. Chloe went on a field trip to downtown Wake Forest this past week. Dale went with her since my schedule and me needing some sleep, plus we had worked it out that Dale would go with Chloe this time. She wanted her daddy to go this time. How sweet. So they were off on a trip about community helpers. Dale is a photo nut, so I will only post a few at this time. They got to have story time, see police car, firefighter and had pizza for lunch. What could beat that:)
Chloe loves to ride the bus. Oh the simple things of life.
Here they are in the ABC store where they had story time.

Chloe getting out of the police car. The kids thought this was so fun.

This was one of Chloe's favorite things, the pizza shop for lunch.

Chloe has been doing such a great job lately with reading and sounding out her words. I came downstairs one day to see this story Chloe had written on their chalkboard about her sister Caitlyn. I thought it was so precious, and to see how her mind was thinking of writing the words just like they sounded. It's amazing to me how much they learn so fast. It just seems like she was learning her ABCs, let a lone be writing a story. Oh how the time flies.

Well I think that's all for now. Caitlyn has her 1st field trip tomorrow to the Donut Shop. So look for more pics coming. Hope you enjoy the update.

No comments: